« PreviousContinue »
AN ACT TO ESTABLISH A
CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE.
The People of the State of California represented in Senate and Assembly, do enact as follows:
SECTION 1. Title and division of this volumne.
1. This Act shall be known as THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE OF CALIFORNIA, and is divided into four parts, as follows:
PART I. Of Courts of Justice.
II. Of Civil Actions.
III. Of Special Proceedings of a Civil Nature.
4. Rule of construction of this code.
5. Provisions similar to existing laws, how construed.
7. Construction of repeal as to certain officers.
8. Actions, etc., not affected by this code.
9. Limitations shall continue to run.
12. Computation of time.
13. Certain acts not to be done on holidays.
14. "Seal" defined.
15. Joint authority.
16. Words and phrases.
17. Certain terms used in this code defined.
18. Statutes, etc., inconsistent with code repealed.
25. Civil actions arise out of obligations or injuries.
26. Obligation defined.
27. Division of injuries.