« PreviousContinue »
improper or insufficient address, nor in any case for an amount exceeding the value of the goods, if such value were calculated in accordance with the description contained in the false account.
ACTIONS BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST THE ADMINISTRATION.
75. (1) No action shall be brought against the Administration to recover damages or compensation in respect of any claim for damages under this Ordinance, or against any railway servant for anything done or purporting to have been done by virtue of his office, service or employment, unless the same shall be commenced within twelve months after the act complained of was committed.
(2) No such action shall be commenced against the Administration or such person until one month at least after a notice in writing of the intended action shall have been served upon it or him, or left at its or his principal office or place of business, by the party intending to commence such action, or by his attorney or agent, in which notice the cause of action and details of claim and the Court in which the same is intended to be brought shall be clearly and explicitly stated, and upon the back thereof shall be endorsed the name and place of abode of the party so intending to sue, and also the name and place of business of the attorney or agent, if the notice is served by such attorney or agent.
(3) A notice under this section shall not be deemed invalid by reason of any minor defect or inaccuracy therein, unless the judge before whom the action is tried shall be of opinion that the defendant in the action has been prejudiced in his defence on the merits by such defect or inaccuracy.
76. (1) All actions to which the Administration is a party shall be brought in the name of or against the Commissioner.
(2) No writ of execution or attachment or process in the nature thereof shall be issued against the Commissioner in respect of any action or other proceeding brought or judgment or order given or made against him in his official capacity, nor shall any such writ or process be issued against any railway rolling stock or other railway property vested in or under the control and authority of the High Commissioner, but it shall be lawful for the Administration to pay out of railway funds such sum of money as shall be awarded to the plaintiff, applicant or petitioner, by the judgment or order of any competent Court.
SECOND SCHEDULE (see § 35 (1), above, p. 335). Horses
THIRD SCHEDULE (see 36 (1), above, p. 335).
Articles to be declared and insured. (a) gold and silver, coined or uncoined, manufactured or unmanu
factured ; (b) plated articles; (c) cloths and tissue and lace of which gold or silver forms part, not
being the uniform or part of the uniform of an officer, soldier, sailor, police officer or person enrolled as a volunteer under the Volunteer Corps Ordinance, 1903, or of any public officer, British
or foreign, entitled to wear uniform ; (d) pearls, precious stones, jewellery; (e) watches, clocks and timepieces of every description ; (1) Government securities; (9) Government stamps ; (h) bills of exchange, promissory notes and orders or other securities
for payment of money ; (i) maps, writings and title deeds; (1) paintings, engravings, lithographs, photographs, carvings and
other works of art; (k) art pottery and all articles made of glass, china or marble ; (1) silks in a manufactured or unmanufactured state and whether
wrought up or not wrought up with other materials ; (m) shawls; (n) lace, furs and feathers; (0) ivory, ebony and sandalwood ; (p) musk, sandalwood oil and other essential oils used in the pre
paration of perfumes ; (9) musical and scientific instruments; (r) any article of special value which the High Commissioner may by
notification in the Gazette add to this schedule.
Alienation before confirmation of
22 22 22 22 41 42 42 43 43 43 43 44 44 52 53 53 53 53 54 54 54 54
Hearing of objection to
See INSOLVENT, INSOLVENCY, TRUSTEE.
Ordinance No. 3 (Private), 1904
a body corporate
Provisional Council of
first members of Society
317 317 317 317 317 318 315 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 318 319 319 319 319 319
time of registration
future members, examination of
mode of election
eligible for re-election
offences by, definition of
offences by, unprofessional practices
may take evidence
how proceedings to be taken
may remove member from register
general powers of
319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 319 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 320 321 321 321 321 32i 321 321 321 321 321 321 321 321 321 321 321 322 322 322 322 322 322 322 322 322 322 322