« PreviousContinue »
TABLE OF STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN ORDER TO OBTAIN GRANT OF LETTERS PATENT.
In order to obtain the grant of letters patent, the applicant or his agent must comply with the following requirements:
(A)—WHEN THE COMPTROLLER IS SATISFIED WITH THE DOCUMENTS AND THERE IS NO OPPOSITION.
(1). An application (a) containing a declaration (b) must be left at or sent by post (c) to the Patent Office.
(2.) A provisional (d) or a complete (e) specification must be sent with the application.
(a.) If a complete specification be left, nothing
further except (3) is required from the applicant, and a patent will be granted in due course (ƒ).
(b.) If a provisional specification be left, within nine months from the filing, a complete specification must be left (g).
(a) S. 5, sub. 1, Patents Rules 7-21, forms A, A1. (b) S. 5, sub. 2, Patents forms A, A1.
(c) S. 5, sub. 2.
(d) S. 5, subs. 2, 3, 5, 8, 14, Patents form B.
(e) S. 5, subs. 2, 4, 5, Patents form C.
(f) S. 15.
(g) S. 8.
(3). The following payments must be made (h): (a.) If complete specification be left
(B)—WHEN THE COMPTROLLER IS NOT SATISFIED WITH THE DOCUMENTS OR DRAWINGS.
(4.) In addition to steps (1), (2), and (3), amendments must be made as required by the comptroller, unless the decision of the comptroller be reversed on appeal to the law officers (i).
(C)—WHEN A NOTICE OF OPPOSITION TO THE GRANT Of LETTERS PATENT IS LEFT AT THE PATENT OFFICE.
(5.) The applicant must comply with the regulations as to evidence and the hearing before the comptroller (j), and if the decision of the comptroller be appealed against, with those of the law officers (k).
If no opposition is lodged within two months of the acceptance of the complete specification, or in case of opposition, of the determination in favour of the grant of a patent, the patent shall be sealed with the seal of the Patent Office (1).
(h) First Schedule to Patents Rules.
(i) S. 7, sub. 1.
(j) S. 11, Patents Rules 32-41, Patents forms D, E. (k) See rules and regulations issued by law officers, p. 211. (1) Ss. 12, 13. Form of patent, p. 172.
Application for and Grant of Patent.
4. Persons entitled to apply for patent
6. Reference of application to examiner
7. Power for comptroller to refuse application or require amendment
Protection by Complete Specification.
15. Effect of acceptance of complete specification.
16. Extent of patent
17. Term of patent
Amendment of Specification.
18. Amendment of specification
19. Power to disclaim part of invention during
Extension of Term of Patent.
25. Extension of term of patent on petition to Queen in Council
31. Certificate of validity questioned, and costs thereon 32. Remedy in case of groundless threats of legal
33. Patent for one invention only.
34. Patent on application of representative of
35. Patent to first inventor not invalidated by
application in fraud of him.
36. Assignment for particular places
37. Loss or destruction of patent
38. Proceedings and costs before law officer
hibition not to prejudice patent rights
40. Publication of illustrated journal, indexes, &c. . 41. Patent museum