« PreviousContinue »
Robert Woodville. Adolph Reudtorff_ David M. Dunn August Möller, jr
Utilla, Central America..
Do. Winnipeg, Manitoba
Franklin R. Grist.
Consular agent. .
Walter T. Townshend
Jacob P. Imboden
THE DISTRICT GOVERNMENT.
THE DISTRICT OFFICERS.
THE POLICE COURT,
THE METROPOLITAN POLICE. Major and Superintendent.-William McE. Dye, 1301 T street, N. W. Captain and Inspector.—Charles R. Vernon, 469 F street, S. W. Secretary and Property Clerk.-Richard Sylvester, 711 East Capitol street. Clerk.-J. Arthur Kemp, 229 Tenth street, N. E. Solice Surgeons.--Dr. S. A. H. McKim, corner Fifth and A streets, S. E.; Dr. G. L. Magruder,
815 Vermont avenue; C. H. A. Kleinschmidt, 3113 N street, N. W.; and J. W. Bayne,
116 B street, S. E.
Second precinct, U street, between Ninth street and Vermont avenue, N. W.
THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
No. 2, D, near Twelfth street, N. W.
THE FIRE-ALARM TELEGRAPH.
First District. 12. Second and D streets, N. W.
134. Medical Museum, roth street, N. W. 13. Second and B streets, N. W.
135. Eleventh and G streets, N. W. 14. Third and G streets, N. W.
136. Twelfth and L streets, N. W. 15. Mass. av. bet. 4th and 5th sts., N. W. 137. Cor. 1oth and New York ave., N. W. 16. Sixth and B (B. and P. depot) sts., N. W. 141. Pension Office, Pa. av, and 21st st. 17. 4/2 bet. Pa. av. and C st., N. W.
142. Thirteenth and F streets, N. W. 18. Pa. av. between 3d and 4/2 sts., N. W. 143. Thirteenth and I streets, N. W. 19. Police station, ist and F sts., N. W. 145. Ebbitt House. 121. Headquarters, Fifth and D.
146. Riggs House. 123. Sixth and G streets, N. W.
147. Fifteenth and I streets, N. W. 124. Seventh and Louisiana avenue, N. W. 148. Fourteenth and Vermont av., N. W. 125. Seventh and E streets, N. W.
149. L bet. 15th and 16th streets, N. W. 126. General post-office.
151. D bet. 12th and 13th streets, N. W. 127. Seventh and I streets, N. W.
152. Tenth and C streets, N. W. 129. Ninth and D streets, N. W.
153. Thirteenth and B streets, N. W. 131. Ninth and F streets, N. W.
154. Fifteenth and E streets, N. W. 132. Ninth and H streets, N. W.
Second District. 21. New Jersey av. and K street, N. W. 236. Eleventh and O streets, N. W. 23. Fourth st. and New York av., N. W. 237. Twelfth and Q streets, N. W. 24. Fourth and O streets, N. W.
238. Twelfth and S streets, N. W. 25. Sixth st. and New York avenue, N. W. 239. Twelfth and V streets, N. W. 26. Fifth and N streets, N. W.
241. Fourteenth st. and R. I. av., N. W. 27. Fifth st. and Rhode Island av., N. W. 243. Fourteenth and Corcoran streets, N. W. 212. Seventh and M streets, N. W.
245. Fourteenth and U streets, N. W. 213. Seventh and R streets, N. W.
246. Fourteenth and Boundary streets, N. W. 214. Seventh and Boundary streets, N. W. 247. Sixteenth and P streets, N. W. 215. Ninth and L streets, N. W.
249. Fifteenth near S street, N. W. 216. Tenth and N streets, N. W.
251. R bet. 16th and 17th streets, N. W. 217. Ninth and P streets, N. W.
253. Sixteenth and T streets, N. W. 218. Police station, W bet. 9th and 10th, N. W. 254. Nineteenth and R streets, N. W. 219. Eng. House No.7, R bt. 9th & 1oth, N.W. | 256. Columbia road and Oakland avenue.
Third District. 31. Seventeenth, bet. F and G streets, N. W. 314. Twenty-first and H streets, N. W. 32. G, between 17th and 18th streets, N. W. 315. New Hampshire ave. and M sts., N. W. 34. K, between 16th and 17th streets, N. W. 318. N, between 17th and 18th streets, N. W. 35. Sixteenth and M streets, N. W.
319. Twentieth and P streets, N. W. 36. Nineteenth and F streets, N. W.
321. Twenty-fourth and G streets, N. W. 37. Nineteenth st. and Penn, ave., N. W. 324. Penn. ave., bet. 23d and 24th sts., N. W. 38. Police station, K, near 20th street, N.W. 325. United States Observatory. 39. Nineteenth and L streets, N. W.
327. Twenty-sixth and I streets, N. W. 312. Twenty-second and E streets, N. W. 328. Twenty-fifth and M streets, N. W.
Fourth District. 41. Maryland avenue and 4%2 street, S. W. 417. Fourteenth and C streets, S. W. 42. Virginia ave., bet. 4/2 and 6th sts., S. W. 421. National Museum. 43. Four-and-a-half and H streets, S. W. 423. Eleventh st. and Maryland ave., S. W. 45. Four-and-a-half and N streets, S. W. 425. C, between Second and Third sts., S.W. 46. Arsenal guard-house.
426. First and N streets, S. W. 47. Police station, E, near 4/2 street, S. W. 427. Sixth, near M street, S. W. 412. Seventh street and Maryland ave., S. W. 431. Thirteenth and C streets, S. W. 413. Seventh and F streets, S. W.
432. Fourteenth and B streets, S. W. 415. Seventh and K streets, S. W.
435. Ninth and H streets, S. W. 416. Twelfth and Water streets, S. W. 436. Tenth street and Virginia avenue, S. W.
Fifth District, 51. U. S. Coast Survey, N. J. avenue, S. E. 516. Third and B streets, S. E. 52. Second and East Capitol streets, S. E. 517. Third and D streets, S. E. 53. Second and C streets, S. E.
521. Eleventh and B streets, S. E. 54. Third and L streets, S. E.
523. Eleventh and I streets, S. E. 56. Police Station, Fifth and S. C. ave., S. E. 524. Thirteenth and E streets, S. E. 512. Seventh and East Capitol streets, S. E. 526. Eleventh and M streets, S. E. 513. Seventh and Pennsylvania avenue, S. E. 527. Almshouse. 514. Navy-yard gate, S. E.
| 528. Insane Asylum.
(Office, Department Building, 503 D street, N. W.)
E. H. Hume, 121 East Capitol street.
B. G. Pool, 1422 Eleventh street, N. W.
J. R. Mothershead, 926 C street, N. W.
Henry Darling, Brightwood, D. C.
PLACES OF AMUSEMENT. New National Theatre.-E street, between Thirteenth and Fourteenth streets. Ford's Opera House.-Ninth street, below Pennsylvania avenue. Washington Theatre Comique.-Eleventh street west and C street north. Odd-Fellows' Hall.-Seventh street west, between D and E streets north, Masonic Hall.—Corner F street north and Ninth street west. Ninth Street Opera House.—Northeast corner D street north and Ninth street west. Willard Hall.—F street, rear of Willard's Hotel. Talmadge Hall.–F street, between Ninth and Tenth streets. Knights of Honor Hall.—Corner of Ninth and F streets. Albaugh’s Opera House.—Fifteenth street, between Pennsylvania avenue and D street.
THE DISTRICT JUDICIARY.
SUPREME COURT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
CRIMINAL COURT-DISTRICT COURT-COMMON-LAW COURT-EQUITY COURT.
Chief- Justice David K. Cartter, 1505 H street, N. W.
DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE.
UNITED STATES MARSHAL'S OFFICE.
REGISTER OF WILLS' OFFICE.
Register of Wills.-H. J. Ramsdell, 2013 Q street, N. W.
Recorder of Deeds.-Frederick Douglass, Cedar Hill, Anacostia, D. C.
DISTRICT BENEVOLENT INSTITUTIONS.
Children's Hospital, Thirteenth and W streets, N. W.