« PreviousContinue »
AT the Parliament begun and holden at Westminster, on
Anno Domini, 1854,
Being the SECOND Session of the SIXTEENTH Parliament of
PRINTED BY STEWART DERBISHIRE & GEORGE DESBARATS,
MERCHANT SHIPPING ACT.
ARRANGEMENT OF CLAUSES.
1. Short Title of Act.
2. Interpretation of certain Terms in this Act.
3. Commencement of Act.
4. Exemption of Her Majesty's Ships. 5. Division of Act.
THE BOARD OF TRADE: ITS GENERAL FUNCTIONS.
6. Board of Trade to be Department to superintend Merchant Shipping.
7. Certificates and Documents purporting to be sealed or signed in a given Manner.
8. Board of Trade to issue Forms of Instruments.
9. Certain Forms and Instruments to be exempt from Stamp Duty.
10. Penalties for Forgery of Seal and fraudulent Alteration of Forms; and for not using Forms issued by the Board.
11. Application of Monies and Fines paid to Board of Trade. 12. Returns to Board of Trade.
13. Officers of Board of Trade, Naval Officers, Consuls, the Registrar General of Seamen, Officers of Customs and Shipping Masters may inspect Documents and muster Crews.
14. Board of Trade may appoint Inspectors,
15. Powers of Inspectors; Witnesses to be allowed Expenses; Penalty for refusing to give Evidence.
16. Penalty for obstructing Inspectors in the Execution of their