« PreviousContinue »
Every License of the Form A.
THE FIRST SCHEDULE.
Every License of the Form B.
Every License of the Form C.
For one year
Dated this Duty paid,
THE SECOND SCHEDULE.
FORMS OF LICENSES.
NOTE.--This License expires on the
Without privilege of Agents.
License is hereby granted to [name and residence of person licensed] to carry on the business of an auctioneer until the
19 subject to the Sales by Auction Ordinance. Dated this Duty paid,—
day of, 19.
Signature of Provincial Treasurer.
With privilege of Agents.
License is hereby granted to [name and residence of person licensed] to carry on the business of an auctioneer (with privilege of Agents) 19, subject to the Sales by Auction
NOTE. This License expires on the
£ 8. d.
26 10 0
15 12 0
1 4 0
Signature of Provincial Treasurer.
License is hereby granted to [name and residence of person licensed] to carry on the business of an auctioneer in the district of [name of District] as agent of [name and residence of the employer] until the day of 19 in case such agency shall so long continue, subject to the Sales by Auction Ordinance.
Signature of Provincial Treasurer.
1.-(1) Every person who
Offences as to trade-marks and trade
(a) forges any trade-mark; or
(b) falsely applies to goods any trade-mark, or any mark so descriptions. nearly resembling a trade-mark as to be calculated to deceive; or
(c) makes any die, block, machine or other instrument for the purpose of forging, or of being used for forging a trademark; or
(d) disposes of, or has in his possession, any die, block, machine or other instrument for the purpose of forging a trademark; or
(e) applies any false trade description to goods; or
(f) causes any of the things above in this section mentioned to be done
shall, subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, and unless he proves that he acted without intent to defraud, be guilty of an offence against this Ordinance.
(2) Every person who sells, or exposes or has in his possession for sale or for any purpose of trade or manufacture, any goods or things to which any forged trade-mark or false trade description is applied, or to which any trade-mark, or mark so nearly resembling a trade-mark as to be calculated to deceive, is falsely applied, as the case may be, shall, unless he proves
(a) that, having taken all reasonable precautions against committing an offence against this Ordinance, he had at the time of the commission of the alleged offence no reason to suspect the genuineness of the trade-mark, mark or trade description; and
(b) that, on demand made by, or on behalf of, the prosecutor, he gave all the information in his power with respect to the person or persons from whom he obtained such goods or things; or
(c) that otherwise he acted innocently
be guilty of an offence against this Ordinance.
(3) Every person guilty of an offence against this Ordinance
shall be liable
(a) on conviction upon information, to imprisonment, with or
(c) in any case, to forfeit to His Majesty every chattel, article,
2. (1) For the purposes of this Ordinance
Colony" includes Protectorate.
The expression "trade-mark" includes any trade-mark which, either with or without registration, is protected by law in any part of His Majesty's dominions or in any foreign state to which the provisions of the one hundred and third section of the Imperial Patents, Designs and Trade-marks Act, 1883, are, under Order in Council, for the time being applicable; The expression "trade description" means any description, statement or indication, direct or indirect,
(a) as to the number, quantity, measure, gauge or weight of any goods, or
(b) as to the place or country in which any goods were made or produced, or
(c) as to the mode of manufacturing or producing any goods, or (d) as to the material of which any goods are composed, or
(e) as to any goods being the subject of an existing patent, privilege or copyright,
and the use of any figure, word or mark which, according to the custom of the trade, is commonly taken to be an indication of any of the above matters shall be deemed to be a trade description within the meaning of this Ordinance;
The expression "false trade description" means a trade description which is false in a material respect, as regards the goods to which it is applied, and includes every alteration of a trade description, whether by way of addition, effacement or otherwise, where that alteration makes the description false in a material respect; and also every trade description so nearly resembling some other trade description as to be calculated to deceive; and the fact that a trade description is a trade-mark, or part of a trade-mark, shall not prevent such trade description being a false trade description within the meaning of this Ordinance;
The expression "goods" means anything which is the subject. of trade or of trade manufacture or merchandise;
The expressions "person," "manufacturer, dealer or trader" and proprietor" include any body of persons, corporate or unincorporate; and
The expression "name" includes any abbreviation of a name.
(2) The provisions of this Ordinance respecting the application of a false trade description to goods shall extend to the application to goods of any such figures, words or marks, or arrangement or combination thereof, whether including a trade-mark or not, as are reasonably calculated to lead persons to believe that the goods are the manufacture or merchandise of some person other than the person whose manufacture or merchandise they really are.
(3) The provisions of this Ordinance respecting the application of a false trade description to goods, or respecting goods to which a false trade description is applied, shall extend to the application to goods of any false name or initials of a person, and to goods with the false name or initials of a person applied, in like manner as if such name or initials were a trade description; and for the purposes of this enactment the expression "false name or initials" means, as applied to any goods, any name or initials of a person. which
(a) is or are not a trade-mark, or part of a trade-mark, and
(c) is or are, either the name or initials of a fictitious person, or the name or initials of some person not bonâ fide carrying on business in connexion with such goods.
3. A either
person shall be deemed to forge a trade-mark who, Who to be forge a trademark.
(a) without the assent of the proprietor of the trade-mark, makes that trade-mark, or a mark so nearly resembling that trade-mark as to be calculated to deceive; or
(b) falsifies any genuine trade-mark, whether by alteration, addition, effacement or otherwise;
and any trade-mark or mark so made or falsified is in this Ordinance referred to as a forged trade-mark;
Provided that in any prosecution for forging a trade-mark the burden of proving the assent of the proprietor shall lie on the defendant.
4.-(1) A person shall be deemed to apply a trade-mark, or Who to be mark or trade description to goods who
falsely apply a trade-mark
or trade description.
(a) applies it to the goods themselves; or
(b) applies it to any covering, label, reel or other thing in or