« PreviousContinue »
A. POSSIBLE REMEDIAL REVISIONS TO THE RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE NORTH ATLANTIC ASSEMBLY-Continued IX. VOTING IN COMMITTEES
1. A Committee shall normally vote by a show of hands.
3. Election shall be by secret ballot. If, after the first
4. The decision of a Committee shall be by simple
5. A vote in committee shall not be valid unless a third of the members of the Committee are present.
6. The right to vote is an individual one. An alternate, authorized to sit in the place of a delegate absent or unable to take his seat, may vote. National delegations shall appoint the number of delegates entitled to vote, and up to the same number of alternates, as set out in Article 27 above and in Appendix III to these Rules of Procedure.
7. The Chairmen of the Committee may take part in
9. Alternates designated to replace full members of
1. A record shall be kept, by the Committee Secretary,
2. Minutes of proceedings shall be drawn up for each
persons than members of the Committee concerned,
Revision 11: Section IX. Article 33. Paragraph 3.
3. Minutes of Proceedings OF CLOSED SESSIONS
A. POSSIBLE REMEDIAL REVISIONS TO THE RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE NORTH ATLANTIC ASSEMBLY-Continued
National delegations shall appoint delegation Secre-
They are asked to help the Secretary General in main-
XI. CONSULTATIVE STATUS
The Assembly may, on the proposal of the Standing Committee, make suitable arrangements for consultation with international governmental and non-governmental organizations which deal with matters which are within its competence. It may invite such organizations to submit written reports to it, debate such reports and hear representatives of these organizations.
1. The official languages of the Assembly shall be
one of the official languages.
1. The Secretariat shall be responsible for the distri-
2. The Secretariat shall ensure the publication of
1. Official press communiques may only be issued:
-regarding the work of the Committees, on the
3. Officers of Committees shall not communicate to the